Jarrettsville, Perry Hall, Edgewood, Aberdeen, Cecil Saints, North Harford, Towson, Bel Air, Havre De Grace, LTRC, Conowingo, Stembridge, Cockeysville, Edgemere, Towson, Emmorton, Joppatowne, Fallston
Executive Board Meetings in Attendance:
Keith Fletcher – President Ian Mitchell – VP Scheduling Vince Hagley – VP Rules Jamie Eckels - Secretary
-Mike Lotcki – All Pro Sports presented new catalogs to programs
-Registration numbers for those who have started -Tabled nominations/vote for division commissioner positions until we have a better idea of program numbers. (motioned & second by Ian & Steve-LTRC) -Lonnie has conceded his term as Bel Air BOG and is replaced by Keith Fletcher
-Middle River is applying to join UCYFL
Still looking for scheduling software, may have found one.
Nothing to report
Nothing to report. *All 2015 Bills are Paid*
Blue Division: N/A
Gold Division: N/A
White Division: N/A
Rule Proposal Voting:
1.High School Proposal: The rule would be modified to read “ If a player is eligible for high school football then they are not allowed to play UCYFL football.”
– NOT PASSED Yes-1 No-15 Undecided-1
2. Minimum Play Proposal:The rule would be modified, lowering the minimum play to 8 plays per child and 6 plays for teams with 18+ kids on a team.
-NOT PASSED Yes- 0 No- 17
3. Age Minimum- 6U Proposal: The rule would be modified to clarify the language and read, “Players who have not reached their 7th birthday by August 1st of the current year will be eligible to play in the 6U age group.”
-PASSED Yes- 17 No- 0
4. Age Minimum-7U Proposal: The rule would be modified to clarify the language and read, “Players who have not reached their 8th birthday by August 1st of the current year will be eligible to play in the 7U age group.”
-PASSED Yes- 17 No- 0
5. Punting Proposal:The rule would be modified to include that for 8U & 9U, when an offensive team intends to punt, they must declare so before breaking the huddle. They also have the option to have the official walk off 20 yards and declare a first down for the opposing team.
-PASSED Yes- 14 No- 3
6. Unlimited Weight-limit proposal:
7. Modified Weight
–limit Proposal: The rule would be modified to eliminate weight limits for age groups 9U-14U so that they would be classified as unlimited weight. There will be a weigh-in event(s) officiated by the UCYFL Executive Board for 6U-8U teams to be officially weighed in and approved.
There will no longer be weigh-ins required.
-PASSED Yes-15 No-2
8. Recruiting Proposal:
Current Rule to be removed and redefined. TABLED FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION